19 years ago, the Barden branch was made available to SoundView members as a result of our merger with The Barden Credit Union. This additional branch not only allowed us to help more members on their financial journey, it also made possible a community-facing branch with higher visibility and traffic.
It is with great sadness that we announce the closing of our Barden location effective July 26, 2019. This closure comes as the result of losing our space at Schaeffer/Barden Corp. The company will be reclaiming the space for a guard station, renovating the parking area and installing automobile sensing gates for a secure campus. This does not reflect nor affect the soundness or stability of your credit union. Debbie at the Barden branch will continue her employment with SoundView at our main branch in Bethel.
We will be looking for an alternative location, in the Barden area, so for the time being, feel free to contact Debbie or myself should you have any questions.
If you regularly conduct business at our Barden office, please note that your account and membership with SoundView will not be affected during this time or after the branch closes. You can continue to connect with your credit union via the following:
- In-person at our main office located at 8 Duracell Drive in Bethel (in the Duracell headquarters); this office has accessible parking and an entrance at the front of the building (less than 5 miles away)
- Online banking
- Online loan applications
- Mobile banking, including mobile check deposit that allows you to deposit checks directly into your checking or savings account
- Touchtone telephone banking
- Electronic statements
- Direct deposit
- Surcharge-free ATM access located at:
- 219 Clapboard Ridge Rd Danbury, CT 06811
- 29 Mill Plain Rd Danbury, CT 06811
- 97 Newtown Rd Danbury, CT 06810
- 17 Stony Hill Rd Bethel, CT 06801
- 200 Federal Rd Brookfield, CT 06804
- Phone call / email with our member service team
We’re grateful for the opportunity to have served members at our Barden location, and will continue to provide excellent service through the locations/channels above. If you have any questions about this transition or how we can best help you access your funds in light of this change, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at (800) 722-2936. Thank you for your continued membership and support of SoundView Financial Credit Union.